Thursday, January 22, 2004

Snotball

There’s a woman who works in my department & in the year & change that I’ve been here, we’ve exchanged maybe a dozen words or so. I used to think that maybe she was shy or some crap like that. Attempts at saying “Hello” or “Good Morning” were always met with a stare & silence. But, I have come to the conclusion that she is what science has classified as a mucspherius grande, more commonly known as a big snotball. This was driven home a couple of nights ago as we were leaving for the day. I was backing out of my parking space after having looked both ways to make sure the coast was clear. I didn’t see anyone, so I started backing out. That was when I heard a tiny car horn & saw her flying past me.

Now, I ask you, if you’re driving towards a car that’s backing out & it seems that they might not have seen you, wouldn’t you slow down to avoid a possible collision instead of racing past the car?

Snotball.