Friday, June 04, 2004

Thank the Good Lord Above for Caller ID

This has been my week to have The Boy. And much like two weeks ago when I had him, I've gotten a call every stinkin' day from his mom. "I was just checking on this" or "Be sure he takes his medicine" or "I just wanted to say hi to him."

I see her more now than when we were married.

T & I have both had it. No matter how many times I talk to her about it, or ignore her phone calls or wish & hope & pray that she'll pop up on the side of a milk carton, she won't go away. The only thing that seems to have gotten through her think skull is that we don't want her in our home, hanging out. But having her at the door, hugging & kissing & "God bless you"-ing The Boy (this from someone who has never had any interest in church or God or anything like that) or having to check the caller ID & then wait for the phone to quit ringing is almost as annoying.

You see, I don't bug her incessantly when she has The Boy. In fact, I frequently go the whole week without hearing from him. I feel that it's her time & that, unless there's something really urgent that I need to get across to her, I don't need to be talking to her. More to the point - I don't want to be talking to her.

Towards the end of our marriage, I couldn't get ahold of her on the phone. Now I can't get her to quit calling. Grrr...