Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Space Invaders

*begin rant*

After lunch today, I've come to the conclusion that I must be doing something to attract people to me. And not people that I like being around, either. No, these are people whose apparent lot in life is to annoy the crap out of me.

I've already done a few posts about being followed into the bathroom constantly. But the same thing happens wherever I go. I can't just shoot down the lane in the grocery store without there being someone in the lane, cart conveniently parked right in the middle. I stop to look at a CD or book & someone always decides that where I am is the cool place to be.

Yesterday at lunch, someone decided to sit at the table that I was sitting at - the table that I have been sitting at, quite happily by myself, in peace & quiet, for quite some time now. And they didn't just sit. No, they clanked their plate & kept bumping the legs of the table. Keep in mind that there are six tables in the breakroom & three of them were empty. And again today, the same person sat at the table, along with two other people, & commenced to holding a conversation in Spanish. And YET again, there were three other frickin' empty tables!!!

Is it my magnetic personality that draws people to me? Is there something in the way that I snarl & growl at them that says "Please! Come invade my personal space! No, really, it's OK!"? Am I sending out vibes to reeeeally annoying, noisy people, inviting them to sit as close as they can to me?

When I eat my lunch, I want to enjoy it in peace & quiet. Unless I've made lunch plans with friends, I don't particularly want to engage in conversation or be sitting right next to someone, & I most certainly don't want to listen to their conversation, regardless of what language they may be speaking. When I go shopping, I don't want to be followed. And when I go to the bathroom, I DON'T WANT AN AUDIENCE!!!

*end rant*