Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Echoes of the past

I knew it was bound to happen one day, what with us working in the same company & all. The exgf called in for some assistance with tracking a delivery. And, of course, I was in the office by myself & had to take the call. Ugh! There was someone that I didn't ever want to hear from again. It took everything I had not to hang up or be a snotball to her.

The thing that bugged me the most though? When I had to call her back. You see, our phones have caller ID boxes on them, which is how I knew it was her calling. What got me is that my name had to have showed up on her ID box. She spoke like she didn't know me. I guess two years didn't make that much of an impression on her.

Meh.

But, right after the call (& after the waves of nausea subsided) I looked at the picture I have of T. I was reminded just how much better I have it now. And just how blessed I am; blessed with someone who cares & loves both me & my son & treats us both with caring & kindness. I look forward to a lifetime of showing her the same :)

Update She emailed me an apology for not saying "Hi" or acknowledging me or anything. Apparently, she was in "crisis mode" &, as was the case when we were together, greeting me was low on the to do list.

I've said it before & I'll say it again - meh.