Tuesday, February 03, 2004

T-Minus Three Months & Counting

Three months. Three months! I was reminded today by Blonde In The Corner that I only have three months of singleness left. It doesn't seem possible that the Big Day is almost here. Back in October, when I proposed to T, back in August & September, when I knew I wanted to ask her to marry me, May seemed
like a lifetime away. Looking back, it seems to have sped on by. But when I look ahead to these next few months, it still seems so far away. It just can't seem to get here soon enough.

It's been about three months since I last saw T. Three months since I had to take her back to the airport & watch her leave. That day, I was not a happy Jay. That was the last time I was able to touch her & hold
her close to me. The last time I felt complete. I know that we've got the rest of our lives together. I just wish the rest of our lives would hurry up & get started.

I miss her like I've never missed anyone before. I want to be near her, epecially now. The time is just taking so long. It feels like I've been under water too long & am swimming to the surface. I feel like I can't get there fast enough. Just as my lungs would ache for a breath of air, my heart aches to be with her.

So much has been done, but there's still a lot left to take care of. We've got the rings. T's got her dress & many of the decorations for the church. The Boy & I are getting fitted for our suits. But we're still trying to figure out the logistics of getting her stuff out here & looking for a job for her & a plethora of other things.

It's all going to be worth it, though. In a few months, I'll finally have my best friend with me. I'll be by her side. We'll finally be together, after having spend the first part of our lives apart, waiting for each other.

* sigh *

Is it April yet?