Monday, November 03, 2003

A thank you to someone who doesn’t hear it often enough

There are people in our lives that get taken for granted. It is assumed that they are always there, ready to help out in any way they can & to lend support through the rough times. & while their help in always appreciated, we sometimes forget to let them know just how grateful we are to have them in our lives. This big “Thank You” goes out to my mom.

She’s always there when trouble comes around (which has been more so over the past year). She’s been there as my relationship with T has developed to where it is today. She was the first one that I told I wanted to marry T (who’s going to be here this Saturday – wee haw!). She’s been genuinely excited about it. She’s excited about meeting T this weekend (five more days, but who’s counting). She spent all day yesterday helping out with laundry & straightening up around Casa de Jota.

She has her quirks. She tends to freak out & panic every time her computer burps. Anything with more than two buttons scares her. She’s a wee bit hard of hearing, which makes for some interesting conversations. & she hates the stairs up to my apartment. But, those are all little things that I think I can live with (although, I may have to start charging her for tech support on her computer).

Even with those quirks, she’s a pretty special person who deserves more than just some kudos on an obscure blogsite floating around in cyberspace. Perhaps one day I’ll be able to fully repay all that she’s done. Maybe I’ll pick a nicer rest home than the one I have in mind for her when the time comes.

Thanks Mom. You’re the best.