Wednesday, November 05, 2003

"...I love you & good night"

There are times when I just can't find the words to tell T how much I love her, how much of a difference she has made in my life. Her love for me has made me feel like I never have before. I feel alive because of her love. I'm happy. Genuinely happy.

She'll be here in three more days. Then she'll have to go back to Arkansas. I know that I'm not going to want to let her go. Leaving her last month to come back to California was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I know that letting her go when she leaves again will be painful. But, I also know, to paraphrase what she told me after I left, that she's not leaving me, just California.

Six months 'til we're married & then we'll never have to part again. It seems so near & yet so far off from now all at the same time. I can hardly wait for the time when she's the first person I see in the morning & the last as I drift off to sleep. I can't wait to feel her near me.

So sing with me softly
As the day turns to night
And later I’ll dream of paradise with you
I love you and good night


~Anniversary, Eva Cassidy