Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Mi ojo es en fuego!

My right eye is on freakin’ fire! I woke up at about 5:30 this morning & it felt like someone was digging my eye out with a spork. I’m fighting the urge to claw it out myself. It hurts to look at anything. It hurts to close my eye. It freakin’ hurts & it just keeps getting worse. Fortunately, I managed to get an appointment with the optometrist.

Arrgh! Hurry up, 11:00.

***

OK, back from the eye doctor. Seems I have a little bitty infection from “overwearing” my contacts. Overwearing meaning that I’ve been a bad boy & slept in my contacts & had left them in too long. Got my knuckles rapped for that. My eye is still uncomfortable. They’re getting tired, too, because, first of all, I’m not accustomed to wearing spectacles & second, the prescription on this pair is about as old as the Boy. My vision is only marginally improved by wearing them. Instead of the blurry blobs that I see without my glasses, things look like much sharper blobs.

***

Tired. So. Very. Tired. My eyes are making it feel like I haven’t slept in days. I just want a nice little nap. Just a little one. Please? Pleeeeeease?

***

The workday’s almost done. Driving home should be fun. I just hope I can see well enough at night. This doth sucketh much. At least my eye doesn’t hurt as much. Which is to say that it’s not freakin’ on fire anymore. It feels like I have my finger stuck in my eye, which is not fun, but now it’s just more uncomfortable than painful.

A definite improvement.

***

Driving home was oodles of fun. Every headlight looked like it had a star filter on it. I can't wear my contacts until next Tuesday, so the fun will just keep right on comin'. *sigh*