Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Meme Madness

Amy sent this to me &, as she answered “Jay” to question #24 (“Who is least likely to respond?”), I decided that I’d not only prove her wrong, but I’d also show her up by stealing the questions & turning them into a meme post.

Because I’m original like that, yo!

The 2008 Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends

1. What is your occupation? Shipping Wage Monkey.
2. What color are your socks right now? White bootie socks (it was supposed to be warm today; needless to say, I’m freezing). (*Edit: It’s warmed up now! Yay for bootie socks!)
3. What are you listening to right now? The voices in my head.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? A blueberry breakfast bar thingy. (*Edit: I’ve since had lunch – this was a long meme!)
5. Can you drive a stick shift? If I had to. I’m terribly uncoordinated &, as I drive 2 footed in an automatic, have the unfortunate tendency to push the clutch in when I want to brake. It’s usually a pretty scary moment.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Probably one of those that never get used, like burnt umber or yellow/green.
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? T
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? But, of course! (Now, where’s my $5, Amy?)
9. How old are you today? 36. I think. Um..wait..no…uhhh…pass! Pass!
10. Favorite drink? Soda pop, iced tea.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I groove on the X Games when they come around.
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? Nope. I have had my head shaved though. Does “scalp” count as a color?
13. Pets? The Boy has a goldfish & I’ve finally convinced T that rats aren’t icky, so I may have one again in the future.
14. Favorite food? The shorter list would be my non-favorites. Pizza & cheeseburgers are probably at the top of the favorites list, though.
15. Last movie you watched? Cloverfield – yeah!
16. Favorite Day of the year? Saturday. All of ‘em.
17. What do you do to vent anger? Growl. Grumble. Make up new swear words. Blow things up in videogames.
18. What was your favorite toy as a child? My Star Wars (duh!) & GI Joe toys!
19. What is your favorite season? Fall
20. Hugs or kisses? Either way, it’s dinner & a movie first, Slick.
21. Cherry or Blueberry? Both! Although, we found through experimentation (not my own stupidity, this time) that berries & pears do not a good pie filling make.
22. Do you want your friends to email you back? That would imply that I emailed them in the first place.
23. Who is most likely to respond? See #22.
24. Who is least likely to respond? See #22.
25. What happened to #25? Yeah, Amy – where’d it go?
26. When was the last time you cried? I seem to recall a tear or two when I first saw T coming down the aisle in her wedding dress. And I cried like a frickin’ baby when “Townies” was cancelled. Poor Molly Ringwald – will she ever get another break?
27. What is on the floor of your closet? Carpeting. Oh, & the Super Bucket O’ Dirty Clothes (currently unoccupied).
28. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Again, see #22. Way to rub in the whole lack of friends, meme…
29. Who is the friend you have had the shortest that you are sending this to? *sob!*
30. Favorite smells? Of my own or that I’ve come across? Oh…um…the ocean/beach. Fresh cut lawn. Cookies, cookies, cookies!
31. Who inspires you? Clowns, balloons & carny folk. Oh…”inspires,” not “perspires.” I wondered why the question sounded wrong.
32. What are you afraid of? Clowns, balloons & balloon making clowns. Not a fear, so much as a deep dislike.
33. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? I don’t believe I’ve had a spicy burger, so I’ll go with B – cheese.
34. Favorite car? The late 80’s Lamborghini Countach. Beauty, speed & horrible gas mileage. What more could you want out of a dream car?
35. Favorite cat breed? Fried.
36. Number of keys on your key ring? Geez, didn’t I do a post on this a few months ago? Pay attention, meme!
37. How many years at your current job? I’m in my 13th glorious year with The Company.
38. Favorite day of the week? Any that don’t have the word “work” in front of them.
39. How many states have you lived in? As a resident? Only Cali. That I lived in whilst training? 2 more – Texas & Mississippi.
40. Do you think you're funny? Well, duh! I’m a friggin’ riot!