Monday, October 13, 2003

Alright already!

Here's the next little part of my adventure. You can all stop sending me threats. I promise to get the rest of the story out faster. Enjoy, kiddies!

Homecoming

I finally made it to the end of the terminal & there she was. She was beautiful, more than I had imagined. I couldn’t get to her fast enough. I had a smile so big across my face that I almost dislocated my jaw. I ran to her, dropped my bag & held her. For the first time, I felt her in my arms. &, yes, she was a perfect fit. We kissed. Perfect there too. We just looked at each other. I imagine that we both were trying to take in all that was happening.

We walked out of the airport, hand in hand (yet another perfect fit) & I just kept looking at her, marveling at how much more beautiful she was in person. I just couldn’t get over the fact that she was finally by my side. I felt like I had finally come home.

We went to have lunch at a little Italian place near the airport. It’s been years since I’ve been asked “Smoking or non-smoking?” I’m just * so * spoiled out here in health conscious California...peh. We were both a little nervous, but I think T was more so than I. There were a few awkward pauses here & there. Soon, though, the nervousness passed. She was a bit afraid that she wasn’t what I was expecting & that I would be disappointed. I was a little worried that she might be disappointed with what she saw too. I mean, I’m an all around great guy & all, but some people just don’t appreciate the greatness that is Jay. * ahem * Anyway, nothing could be further from the truth. I fell more in love with her the moment I first laid eyes on her.

She showed me the sights around town. I was amazed at how different things were back there. Everything, even in the “Big City”, is very laid back. Traffic’s not nearly as bad as it is out here. I learned that turn signals are an extra option on most cars in Arkansas.

Other than the suicidal on-ramps in which you have to cross in front of oncoming traffic to get on the freeway (2 lanes – very strange), it seems like a nice place. I look forward to many more trips back there, especially the trip that brings T & I together for good.

* sigh * It's gonna be a looong next few months...