Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Apologies…eventually

As you’ve no doubt gathered by the somewhat syrupy posts that have graced these pages, I am in love with a wonderful, beautiful woman. We met a few months ago with no intention of anything serious starting. Just a couple of people who enjoyed writing to each other. Then, unexpectedly, things sparked between us. Very good things. I fell for her more & more with every letter. I fought it, thinking “There’s too much distance between us. This couldn’t possibly work.” The more I fought, though, the harder I fell, until I couldn’t fight it anymore. Fortunately for me, she was falling for me as well. The distance between us grew shorter as our hearts grew closer together. Now, the distance isn’t so much of a barrier as it is a minor annoyance.

I love this woman. & she loves me. I feel like I’ve finally been united with the person who I was born for & who was born for me. She’s the perfect fit for this empty hole inside of me. I know that her hand will fit perfectly in mine. I know that my arms will be just the right size to hold her. & I know that I will never be able to find all of the words to tell her just how much she means to me. My world is brighter. Things don’t seem so bad, even when situations get a bit heavy. I feel like a better person just having her in my life. She makes me want to do better, to strive to be a better person. She makes me want to grow & become the spiritual & household leader that I was made to be. I want to be these things for her. I want to give her the best, because she deserves it.

The point of this post, though, before is turned into a proclamation of my love for my Precious One, was meant to be an apology to my online friends who I’ve not been the best about communicating with lately, as I have been a bit preoccupied. I want you all to know – Elly, Eternally, Stooph, Momnboss & Vaq, DakotaDan (if any of you happen to see this) & all of the others on my various IM & email contact lists – that you all mean the world to me. I haven’t forgotten you or the friendship that you’ve given to me. We’ve shared a lot – walking down the singles road together; seeing friends come together to become more than “just friends”; cheered each other on through personal victories. We’ve been there for each other through good & bad; laughed & cried & prayed & then laughed again; lent a shoulder after the loss of loved ones & an ear to listen to the stories about the gaining of new loves. Even though I’ve never had the pleasure of being able to sit & chat over a cup of tea face to face with you all (quiet, Jess ;) ), it’s been an honor to get to know you over the ‘net.

It’s said that a warrior’s greatness is measured by the enemies he has, but that a man’s greatness is measured by the friends he keeps. If that’s the case, then I am one of the greatest men in the world – blessed in love & in friendship.