Monday, June 30, 2003

Creative Backlog

I took up writing as a way to get my creative juices flowing again. I've been an artist of sorts, drawing whatever came into my mind & doing it quite easily, for as long as I can remember. But, it's been over 2 years since I've been able to pick up a pencil & just enjoy letting my imagination go. 2 years ago I had, what was for me, a pretty traumatic experience & during that was told that my drawings looked evil & demonic. It wasn't so much what was said but who said it. Others have told me that my drawings are really good & imaginative & that I should keep on drawing & not care what people think (the irony of that sentence is not lost on me). But, for some reason, I just haven't had the desire. I pick up a pencil, doodle a bit & then get frustrated because nothing comes out.

So, a friend of mine suggested writing. I've never been a writer - not a storywriter, at least. I do find writing or chatting online with people easier than face-to-face communication. After perusing & reading other journal & blog sites, I figured that would be a good outlet for me.

Well, here I am.

& I can't think of a blessed thing to write.

* sigh *