Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Return of the Idiot Driver

Hello MLCOTW folks. You usual host J is prancing around on a ship somewhere warm drinking nonalcoholic umbrella drinks and wearing leopard print. He trustingly left me with the keys to his kingdom so I am here to entertain you with my wit and humor. What? You have no idea who I am? It is me: Amy (from Badgroove)...the one who ocassionally leaves J snarky comments about how he doesn't post nearly as often as he should. Anyway...on to today's post about Idiot drivers.

Ok...so this morning I am driving to work and it is fairly early into my drive to work. I am on a road that has two lanes going each way. I am in the far right lane going my direction because pretty soon the road ends in a T and I need to go right to get to where I need to go. Anyway, in the left lane is a white mercury milan and I just have the feeling that he is going to need over into my lane. So I slow down so he has room to get over...but Mr. Milan never puts on his blinker nor does he actually make a move into my lane. He starts to slow a bit- but I maintain my speed and in doing this end up pulling along side him, the nose of my car (A 2008 Chevy HHR - so not a small car by any means) parallel to his front passenger door then suddenly he starts to move into my lane. Yes while I am along side of him. Luckily there were no cars parked along the road so I dive in towards the curb (and incidentally towards a bus stop) and honk...basically to say HEY BOZO STOP MERGING INTO MY CAR. His reaction is to slam on his breaks- and give ME the finger. Nice! Would he rather I just stay there and let him hit me??

So play along...what was your most recent run-in with an idiot with a drivers license?