Monday, January 14, 2008

I’m Not Listening!

*fingers two knuckles deep in ears* LALALALALALALALAAAAAAA…

Anyone who knows my movie watching habits knows that A) I don’t see a lot of (good) movies & B) I generally don’t care if someone tells me the whole plot (including ending) of a movie. By the time I see the movie, I’ve pretty much forgotten what I was told about it or have read about it online. Heck, I looked up & read the script for Episode III a few days before it came out (Oh, c'mon, it’s not like I didn’t already know how it ended).

I’ve made an exception for one movie, though. This weekend, after months of speculation, wondering & staying away from sites & articles about it, Cloverfield will be coming to the local Bijou.

And I am soooo stoked!

Unfortunately, my cellmate, Miguelito, broke & read some spoilers over the weekend & is absolutely frothing at the mouth to tell me something – ANYTHING – about the movie. He says that he won’t say anything unless I ask - & then begs me to ask him something. I’ve managed to make it for the first hour & a half today so far, but I don’t know how much longer I can hold out. I was tempted mightily over the weekend by the Ain’t It Cool News review & was barely able to close the browser window before I read too much.

Darn your red beard, Harry Knowles. Darn it to Hades.

It’s gonna be a loooong week, Loyal Readers.