Friday, January 14, 2005

The Music Meme

I was invited to do this by ETS. And who am I to turn down a musically themed invite, eh?

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
994. I ripped most of those from CD's that I sold (it was either have some rockin' discs or put gas in the car)

2. The cd you last bought is:
I bought the following as Christmas gifts:
Toby Mac - Welcome To Diverse City
Switchfoot - The Beautiful Letdown
Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
U2 - Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World

4. Write down 5 6 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
This is a hard one. Lessee...

Randy Travis - Forever & Ever Amen Probably the only song that I can decently sing to T. It's a simple song, but it expresses so much.

Eva Cassidy - At Last & Anniversary Song - More songs for my wife, who turned me on to Eva Cassidy. We played her rendition of At Last at our wedding. And the last verse of Anniversary Song is a perfect picture of how I'd love to end every day with her. (Awww!)

Don Henley - The Boys Of Summer - My all-time favorite song. To me, the song creates a certain atmosphere that I can't really explain. It reminds me of a time not so long ago & of people that have passed through my life.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon - I know, this is an entire album, but I do love it so & I can't listen to just one song when I pop it in the player. To me, it sounds like what a slow decent into insanity would sound like. It's dark & cold (much like the dark side of the moon...hmm). But, it's also warm & comforting. One of the most perfect albums ever made.

Grant Lee Buffalo - The Shallow End - An awesome song. Laid back, delicate sounding - perfect for a candlelit night.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Well, since the only other people that I have any contact with in the Blogsphere already have posted this on their sites, I guess the stick is stopping here. Unless any of you lurking Loyal Readers want to run with this. Feel free to.