Saturday, August 23, 2008

MI:5: Electronic Goodies Edition

OK. So, I’ve been a total flake about these; I’m going to try to mend my wayward ways, though.

Starting with Billy Rhythm’s Little Electronic Gadget 5:

1) Do you use some form of PDA (personal digital assistant)/MP3 player/smart phone for contacts and calendar items? If so, what is it, and what do you use it for? If you don't use some sort of digital calendar, what do you use?

The only thing I use for calendars/contacts is my MS Outlook at work. As much as I love gadgets, I’m still quite the Luddite; I don’t have (nor do I really want) a PDA or cell phone. T & I like to be able to take off for the weekend & not be tracked down by everyone.

We’re just that popular.


2) Do you use any sort of MP3 player? If not, do you use anything for "music on the go"?

Now, an MP3 player is another story; I loves me my playa! I think we have three small ones (2gb or less) floating around Casa de Jota, one each for T, The Boy & me. Mine is also a jump drive, so it carries schoolwork & other miscellaneous files, in addition to being almost filled to the gills with tunes.

Now, isn't that thrilling?


3) Do you have a favorite application you run on your PDA/MP3/smart phone? What is it? If you don't use one, how about some cool application you like on your computer?

My player’s not that fancy; strictly plays music or carries files (I gunnin’ for the Creative Zen 32gb jobbie as soon as the price is a bit more reasonable). You’d think that, with as much as I use my computers at work & home that I’d have some interesting application, but about the coolest thing I can think of is being able to switch the time zones on the system clock.

Exciting, no?


4) How about a favorite game on your widget? If you're non-widget-ized, what games do you like to play on your computer?

Widget? What is this “widget” that you speak of? As for games on the computer, my love for all of the Civilization games knows no bounds.

Neither does my wife’s scorn for all of the Civilization games.


5) Most little gadgets have a way to personalize them, like a cover or faceplate or something. What's on yours? If you don't own one, tell us about something else you've personalized.

Alas, my MP3 player’s too small, physically, to do any customization (unless you count the crack on the battery cover as a customization).