Thursday, April 22, 2004

Why can't forever mean forever?

I'm noticing again (as this happened with my first go 'round with marriage, too), that the closer I get to the Big Day, the more people I know that are splitting up. It seems that when I'm single, all my friends are married, making me the proverbial third wheel (& given the single status that I'd had for years & years, this wheel's got a lot of miles on it). When I was married the first time, all my friends were single.

And here we go again. I've already got one friend going through a rough spot & now I find out that another friend has split. Ugh! I hate when that happens.

I hate seeing this happen. It's one of the worst things to ever go through. The hurt. The pain. The sorrow over seeing something that was so beautiful & new & full of promise fade. To watch the person that you gave your heart of hearts to walk away. The loneliness. The heartbreak.

Even though you both may never see these words, my prayers are with you.

Grrr...I hate this.