Saturday, July 12, 2003

Well, I'm back. My service has been changed & I have been sent back to the world of dial-up. The sound of the modem firing up will again haunt my dreams. I had forgotten how horribly slow dial-up is. I hunted around for the best deal with the best bells & whistles & finally settled one non-AOL/MSN company. Having dealt before with those two, I was in no hurry to join forces with 'em. But, this will do for now. It's amazing how not having access to the 'net can make you feel like you're living in a cave. I could even do without the phone (well, not right now - more on that later :) ), but being cut off from the web, with it's access to every point on the globe is almost unthinkable. I even entertained the thought of going outside for awhile * shudder * I fear that all the radiation I've absorbed from my monitor may have destroyed my body's ability to handle sunlight. Not a pleasant thought.