Thursday, July 03, 2003

The Crows

Those of you reading this post were probably invited by me & know my beliefs. Those of you who stumbled here on accident, please indulge me while I write a more Spiritually based post.

One of my favorite sections of Scripture is Luke 12:24:

Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds?

* Itty bitty side note - I found it interesting while looking for that verse that Bibles are copywritten. You can copyright God's word? Who knew? *

Anyway, this section has been a great comfort to me when things seem a bit overwhelming. There have been many a time that I've been on the verge of a freakout, only to see a crow or raven & be reminded that I am important to Someone. Today, I was in the Burger King drive-thru, further clogging my arteries with flamebroiled goodness. Things have been a bit tight & stressful lately & I've had a lot on my mind. While ordering, I heard a "clunk" on the roof of the truck. Looking in the reflection in the window, I saw that a big crow had landed on top of my truck & was walking around. While this wasn't as spectacular as the appearance of the dove at Christ's Baptism, it still gave me a sense of peace that has lasted throughout the day. It's funny how God works - the different ways He speaks to our hearts. Some have heard audible voices. For some it's signs & wonders. Me? Well, I've never heard the voice of God in my ear, nor have I seen a lot of signs & wonders. But I do see the crows every day.

& every day I'm reminded of just how special I am.