Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Because I'm Flaky Like That, Yo!

I saw the MI:5 thing over at Amy's about a zillion years ago & signed up to join in the weekly fun.

Since then, I've done one. I think.

So, in an attempt to shake off some of my flaky crust, I've decided not only to participate in this week's (lucky you!), but to also try to catch up with a few of the previous weeks questions. So, for your reading enjoyment, here you go.

Last week

No real theme:

1. Do you like roller coasters? If you do what is your favorite part? If you don't? Why not?
I love, love, LOVE roller coasters! The speed, the loops, the feeling of impending death - it's all good, my friends.

2. What is your favorite traditional treat you find in a Halloween bag?
Hmm...Reese's are always good. Kit Kats, too. My favorite hard candies, though, are jaw breakers. Yummy yummy yummy...

3. When was the last time you went to the dentist? Was it routine or was something bothering you?
I dunno. Probably my last check up. Which was for, in dental parlance, a check up.

4. What was the last book you read that you would recommend?
Honestly, I have about a dozen books in various stages of completion (the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Lake Wobegon Days, Fahrenheit 451, The Lost World [the old Sir Arthur Conan Doyle one], Edgar Allan Poe's writings, etc.). The amazing thing is that I can pick up any one of those & start off right where I left with little or no having to go back & refresh myself on the story. Simply amazing, I tell ya.

5. What is the theme song to your life right now?
Usually "I'm Too Sexy" because, well, I am.



The Weeks Beyond

I tried to come up with a "theme" but nothing came to me. The following are just some random thoughts/questions.

1. Hectic and crazy are often how we describe our daily lives. If you had to pick the moment of each day that you felt the most serene, when would that be?
Lunch time, when I work the late shift (my cellmates go to lunch at noon, leaving me able to listen to my MP3's & be generally unaccosted) & on the drive home.

Well, when the Moron Patrol isn't driving 15 miles under the speed limit with their blinker on.


2. What “habit” has been the most difficult for you to give up? Why do you think it’s been so difficult for you?
The oxygen habit. Try as I might, my body just can't get enough of the schtuff.

3. If you could relieve your spouse (friend, family member, significant other) of one burden in life, what you take away?
Hmm...having to work, instead of working simply because they wanted to.

4. If a psychic offered to tell you anything you wanted to know about your life, what is the thing you would least like to know?
Um...wha? Are we talking about things in my past? Because I really don't need a psychic to tell me that.

5. What has been the hardest transition you have had to make in life? And how did you do it – what helped?
These things are making my head hurt. Next...

Bonus Question – How about those Red Sox! Are you a true blue fan, loyal through the ups and downs? Or do you follow them only if they are in the World Series?
Honestly, I didn't even know the Series had ended until a week later. How's that for a guy whose father lived & breathed the sport? I'm a bad, bad son.

***

I have a suggestion for the 5 if no one has jumped on it yet - If someone has - tuck it in the *In case of emergency* MI5 file.

1. What story are you writing with your life right now?
A cautionary pamphlet entitled "Things You Shouldn't Stick Your Finger In."

2. If you could ask God for one thing, what would it be?
Idiot Repellent.

3. What does your heart long to be involved in?
Wow...that's deep. Unfortunately, I'm not at this time. Next...

4. It is said you learn something new everyday. What are some things you’d like to learn to enrich your life?
The lyrics to 'Louie, Louie.'

5. Everyone has a mantra even if they don't outwardly express it - time to make yours public
"Why the heck do morons congregate around me?" Wait - that's more of a question than a mantra, isn't it?

I guess "Kill 'em all & let God sort it out" would work.

Why are you all looking at me like that?


***

(Sorry this is so early! I’m going to be away more than I am going to be home next week, so I’m sending this now while I’m thinking about it. (Just for clarification: Jim’s MI-5 are for TODAY, my MI-5 are for next Friday, October 5.)

As I am away traveling this week, I thought I would do a little “Travel MI-5”.

1. My sweetie and I are going to Bar Harbor on an overnight. If you were to plan a realistic overnight getaway for your sweetie or a best friend, what would it be? Where would you go? Where would you stay? Where would you eat? Any special activities?
Geez, that's all five questions in one!

1a Well, if it's a realistic overnight getaway, then I guess the answer would be a realistic overnight getaway.

1b Probably up the coast a bit.

1c In a low cost, but, hopefully, roach free travel lodge.

1d At a restaurant, most likely.

1e Nunya bee's wax, mister.


2. My family and I are going to Virginia for a long-weekend. If you were to plan a realistic long-weekend getaway for your immediate family, what would it be? Where would you go? Where would you stay? Where would you eat? Any special activities?
Waitaminute...didn't I just see these questions?

3. Have you ever read a novel set in an exotic locale? If so, tell us a little about it. Would you like to visit there?
As Middle Earth doesn't seem to have any running water or shower facilities, I'd have to say, no.

4. When I go away, I really look forward to eating at restaurants that are not here where I live (Golden Corral, Sonic & Cracker Barrel). Are there similar restaurants that you like to frequent when you are away?
Mmm...Sonic.

5. I have only been to one Broadway show (“Cats”), and I would like to go to another. However, it would consist of quite a bit of travel to get there. Since I probably won’t be attending anytime soon, tell me something about a Broadway show. Have you ever been to one? Have you heard about one that peaks your interest? Is there a Broadway show that has music of which you are particularly fond? Do you hate even the thought of Broadway? Why?
Let's try the 'Question 1' approach again, shall we?

5a I don't know of any.

5b No.

5c Nope.

5d Not so much.

5e I really don't have an opinion one way or the other.

5f Because I have never taken the time to formulate one.