Monday, May 09, 2005

Tonight's The Night!

T's finally coming back home tonight!

I know, this is news to most of you. I hadn't written about it because I was trying not to dwell on it too much.

The trip wasn't over anything bad. She just went back to Arkansas to sing in a friends wedding & we simply couldn't afford two plane tickets right now. It's been a looooong five days, but The Boy & I survived, thanks in large part to my ability to use the microwave to heat up food - a skill that I honed over many years of bachelorhood. It has served me well.

I will say this, though - while I know how much T means to me & how much I love her, I didn't realize how important a part of me she is. It's felt like something's been missing these past few days.

I think in the future we'll be finding ways to get two plane tickets.

Update - Despite some nasty weather in Utah, she made it home last night, safe & sound. And I slept like a baby for the first time in a week.