Friday, July 29, 2005

The Post With No Name

Ugh...for the first time in since...um...well, since I can remember, I've actually got some quiet time here at the office (thank you, User Conference). Work has been mega busy for the past month building up to the big, grand extravaganza that is the annual User Conference Freakout. So, besides working like a dog, what else has been going in this little corner of the world, you ask?

Lots, actually. I think I've done more in the year & change that T's been out here than I have in my whole life. Lessee - there was the Grant-Lee Phillips concert down at Largo in Hollyweird at the end of last month (a Father's Day gift from T), where we found out that you now have to add two hours to your drive time if you want to make it anywhere in LA on time. There was the briefly alluded to trip to Tulare for a family reunion, where we actually felt more like party crashers since we were on the distant, way far, be sure to send a postcard side of the family. That same weekend, the annual Yucaipa Freedom Fest was observed, once again, from the comfort of our own home (why pay $2 a head when I can watch it for free at home in my comfy shorts?). Of course, it wouldn't be the Fourth of July without some fool trying to light the hills on fire - had a front row seat to that one. Another fire charred the hillside a couple weeks later. Hopefully unrelated.

On the cinematic entertainment front, Batman Begins was seen, with much ooo-ing & ahh-ing by yours truly (mini review - the movie rocked! This is the Batman movie that should've been made in the first place - sorry, Tim Burton. Nothin' but love for you, my brother.) Disaster was averted when Tim & Kevin both advised against War of the Worlds & Fantastic Four. Still have to go see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, though. At home, Breakin' & its better known (but, surprisingly, much worse) sequel, Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo, have made their way into my video collection (reviews to come soon), as has Bail Out starring Germany's favorite American export David Hasselhoff (I found it at the .99 cent store - you just know that it's a quality flick. I mean, don't all movie masterpieces come in flat cardboard covers?). I expect much cheese from the Hoff, so expect a review of that one as well (I know you're all dying for that one). Also, reviews for two Sci-Fi channel classics Sabretooth & Attack of the Sabretooth are in the works. (Thoughts of creating a review site are being mulled over as I study HTML code) Stay tuned.

Top all of the above off with a trip to Kingman & a separate trip waaaay up to the northern tippy-top part of the state to see my dad & my new venture as a volunteer at the local museum &, as you can see, I'll have plenty to write about.

Oh, & road rage. Can't forget about the road rage stories.