Thursday, July 15, 2004

Spidey 2:Electric Boogaloo
Alright, I've sat myself down, switched off Civilization III for a bit (freakin' addictive game) &, while it's fresh in my noggin', will give you my own itty bitty review of the newest Spider-Man movie.

Let me preface this by saying that I collected comic books while growing up & that Spider-Man was probably my favorite hero (or at least tied with Batman).  Because of this & the frightening amount of comic lore from up to the early 90's that I still have knockin' around in my brain, I am frequently disappointed with superhero movies.  I have been called a purist & I wear that badge with honor.  I mean, it shouldn't be too hard to make a faithful superhero movie.  The source material is right there, people!  There's no need to use artistic license.  It's like taking the story of Moses from the Bible & making him younger & an eloquent, non-stuttering speaker & - oh, wait...that'd be "Prince of Egypt."
 
Anyway, now that that's out of the way, on to our featured presentation:

Spider-Man 2:Attack of the Tentacles

If I were to sum the movie up in one line, it'd be something along the lines of "OH MY FREAKIN' STARS & GARTERS - THIS MOVIE ROCKS BEYOND ALL COMPREHENSION!"
 
Now, if I were to bind the comic fanboy inside of me & lock him away in a vault somewhere, the line that I'd use to describe this movie would be "OH MY FREAKIN' STARS & GARTERS - THIS MOVIE ROCKS BEYOND ALL COMPREHENSION!"
 
It just rocks.  That.  Much.
 
And, since I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it, I won't say anything more about it.  Because if I do, I will tell all sorts of things about it & probably tell you all about the ending & then you'd be reeeeeally unhappy with me for that.  Really.  I know you would.
 
So, my final words on the movie - go out.  See it now.  Go.  Get.
 
Now, about that pants pocket quandry...